The Art of Surrender I How to #RelaxToReceive Your Manifestations
Updated: Aug 16
You may have heard of the "Art of Surrender" if you have read any Abraham Hicks books or recently learned about manifesting with the law of attraction. This is the hardest part of manifestation, but luckily one of the last things you need to do to receive. You may be wondering "how do I surrender (or as others say "let it go") when I really want something?" Here are my best tips to help you relax so you can finally get into the receiving mode and manifest your desires!
It is important to note, if you haven't read my blog on Manifestation 101 you may want to start there. I share my exact 8 step process to manifest anything and surrendering is number 7 so definitely read that blog first to get a basic understanding before diving in deeper below.
Now that you understand law of attraction a little bit better, lets learn how to surrender your desires to the universe so you can finally manifest!
psst....legally I have to say this blog may contain affiliate links that provide me a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my small business & family!
Why do I need to surrender my desires?
So here's the thing...if you have been working towards a desire for months and you're not seeming to make any progress that may be a sign you need to let it go. I'm not saying give up on it completely. But most likely, you are spending time every day trying to manifest this desire and although you may be visualizing it, affirming what you want, and doing "all the right things" your energy doesn't lie.
All this time you are spending thinking about your desires may actually be pushing them away. For example, if you are affirming daily "I am a wealthy woman", but feel lack or scarcity just thinking about money that affirmation may be doing more harm than good. While you may be saying one thing with your words, your energy is saying something else and the Universe only "hears" your energy.
But only YOU can tell if that is the case. Take a moment to look at your daily manifestation practice and how you feel doing it. If it doesn't give you the warm fuzzies inside and put a smile on your face, it is time to switch it up! This blog has 10 ideas to create your own Magical Morning Routine that may be super helpful and include a lot of things I do daily to get into alignment.
By taking an honest look at your desires you may notice a few you need to surrender or may be change altogether. Again this isn't giving up on them, but it is removing resistance so you can finally allow them into your experience.
Before You Surrender...
Take a moment to journal on what you really desire. It could be possible that what you think you want isn't what you actually desire and that is why it feels like it is taking forever to happen. A lot of the time people try to manifest something they see other's working towards without first checking in to see if that is what they actually want in this life.
For example, for a long time I had the goal to make enough money so I could get my nails done weekly and lash extensions. Literally for years this was on my vision board until I recently realized I only wanted those things because I thought that's what rich people do. In my head, you freaking made it if you could afford luxuries like that.
I still wanted long lashes and beautiful nails, but deep down I wanted to stop my bad habit of picking at my cuticles & for my lashes to grow, not just have something glued on top. Also, it didn't feel good to me getting acrylic nails that would damage my actual ones and create more plastic waste in the world. So I EFT Tapped to help with the stress triggering the cuticle picking and bought some collagen & a lash serum. Now my nails are strong and my lashes are long! I still got my desires, but in a way that felt more in alignment.
Reminder you receive what is of the highest good for you and for all! If a desire is taking a long time to manifest, it may be that there is something better for you out there or you don't truly want what you think. Spend a few moments to get really clear on what you want and why you want it before reading the next section.
How Do I Surrender?
Now that you are 100% positive in what you desire we can chat about how to relax so you receive it!
Luckily, surrendering is super easy to do....in theory. Actually letting go is the hardest part of manifestation and what my 1:1 clients struggle with the most. So how do you do it?
There are tons of ways to let it gooo (as Elsa from Frozen would say) and it varies what works best person to person so here are my BEST tips to surrender your desires. As I always say "take what you love, leave what you don't, but try everything once":
1. Repeat These Affirmations. Like Abraham Hicks says "a belief is just a thought you keep thinking." So let's say these affirmations on repeat to help you surrender the outcome and change your beliefs about what is possible for you. Take a few moments to say each of these affirmations and pay attention to which ones feel best to you. If you'd like you can also say these affirmations while you EFT Tap (we will talk more about this below) or program them into the "Reminders" of your phone throughout the day so you remember to say them.
2. Visualize Letting It Go. This simple visualization only takes a few minutes, but is super powerful. All you have to do is get comfy, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and imagine your desire in your hands almost like a snow globe showing a mini version of what you want. Next, visualize a beautiful basket in front of you with a golden string tied to the top going all the way up into the heavens/Universe. Anything you put into this basket the Universe will take care of for you. Take a deep breath in, reach your hands out, and place your desire into the basket. Exhale to let it go and watch the desires be pulled up into the clouds. You can repeat this visualization anytime you are stressing about your desire, but know that once is enough and the Universe is taking care of it on your behalf.
3. EFT Tap to Surrender it. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Tapping is my go-to for any funky emotions I need to work through. By lightly tapping on different energy meridian points on your body and talking through your fears, you are able to calm down your amygdala ( the flight or fight response in your brain). By doing this you helping yourself relax as well as reprogram your subconscious thoughts. I mostly do this with my 1:1 clients to help them work through their limiting beliefs, but it also works great for surrendering your desires. If you want to try this for yourself, this Youtube Video is great to follow along too!
4. Focus on Another Desire. If you are really struggling with surrendering this desire, it may be helpful to focus your energy on something else. Pick a smaller goal or another area of your life to focus on and put all your energy towards that. Luckily, any desire you have had ever exists energetically so even if you aren't actively focusing on that particular desire you simply doing the work to get into alignment daily even if it is focusing on something else will still help you manifest your original desire. After you visualize or EFT Tap to let it go, pick a new goal to focus on and trust that what is meant for you will find you in the perfect timing.
5. Relax to Receive. I saved my BEST tip for last and you may have heard me say it before on Instagram stories #relaxtoreceive. Last year I was playing with the affirmations that "the more I relax the more I receive." I said it all day long during my launch week for manifestation coaching and then the craziest thing happened...my first client signed up while I was out shopping! And then another while I was taking a bubble bath! It seemed people only signed up when I wasn't at my computer stressing about the launch or my business.
The reason relaxing to receive works is because you are finally letting down your walls and stop creating resistance to your desires flowing in. As Abraham Hicks (can you tell I listen to their work a lot?) describes it, the Universe is a like a stream of wellbeing flowing to you. This stream is never ending, but your resistance can stop it momentarily like a dam. You don't have to do anything to make it flow. You simply have to allow it in. By relaxing aka surrendering like we talked about above, you are releasing any resistance that is stopping the stream from flowing to you with your desires.
Now practicing relaxing to receive can be ANYTHING that helps you slow down & enjoy life. Bubble baths, shopping, hiking, reading a book, yoga, etc. If it helps you relax, it will help you receive. I recommend to my clients to have one relaxing moment a day just for themselves to help their manifestation process and also who doesn't need more self care with this crazy world we live in?!
As I said at the beginning of this blog, take what you love and leave what you don't! Surrendering is the hardest part of manifestation and I know how difficult it can be to let go of something you really want. But trust me, anything meant for you while find you. It's simply your job to feel good and stay in alignment!
Try out all these tips and see which one helps you the most! Everyone's journey is different and based on your past experiences and current mindset what works for one person may not work for you. Manifestation is all about what you learn about yourself in the process, not just the shiny thing you made appear. So enjoy the journey of becoming your true self and know you can't eff this up even if you tried!
If you would love more personalized guidance and a spiritual bestie cheering you on, I have a few spots open for private manifestation coaching where every week we video chat about your desires. We get crystal clear on your desires, EFT Tap through any limiting beliefs, and I share tons of helpful tips based on where you are in your journey. This is where we go DEEP so if you are ready to manifest a life beyond your wildest dreams, apply here!
If you have any questions or comments, please share them below! I can't wait to see what you manifest!